https://myobmd.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/11-Red-Flags-That-You-Have-a-Drinking-Problem.jpg 506 900 myObMD Media, LLC https://myobmd.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/myOBMD-Logo-1.png myObMD Media, LLC2021-02-03 05:28:312021-09-03 05:29:3811 Red Flags That You Have a Drinking Problem
1. There are times when you can’t remember what happened when you were drinking.
2. You drink to help relieve your feelings of depression or anxiety.
3. You tried to stop drinking in the past but was unable to do so.
4. You find yourself having a drink in the morning to get going.
5. You feel guilty about your drinking.
6. Your drinking is leading to financial problems.
7. You have physically hurt someone when you were drinking.
8. You have missed work related to drinking.
9. You have lost a relationship partner due to your drinking.
10. You get withdrawal symptoms when you try to quit or cut back on your drinking, such as shaking, restlessness, trouble sleeping.
11. Your drinking has led to you getting a DUI citation.
If you experience any one of these, you may be an unhealthy drinker. You should seek help with your healthcare provider for further evaluation.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institute of Health